This Oven-Baked Trout Pairs Perfectly with our Rosé and Albariño
Recipe by Lena Gladstone – Lena’s Kitchen Blog
- 2 Lbs Trout or Sub with Salmon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Medium Orange
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives, Sliced
- 1 small Shallot, Finely Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Arugula, Finely Choppped
- 3/4 Tsp Kosher Salt, More to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the trout skin side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure to pat it dry first on both sides. Brush trout with olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt. Add sliced orange.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. The best way to check for doneness is to use a fork to gently prick the fish, and if it flakes easily, it’s ready. An instant-read thermometer should read 135-145° F.
- In a bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, olives, chopped shallot, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro and chopped arugula. Mix to combine. Salt to taste.