BBQ SALMON SALAD
Pairing 2020 Sand Point Pinot Noir
- 2 6 Oz Fillets of Salmon or Arctic Char
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce (your favorite)
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 English Cucumber, Sliced
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Variety of Colors, Cut in Half
- 2 Handfuls Arugula or Spring Mix
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Grill salmon on a BBQ grill or prepare in the oven as follows:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and roast them skin-side down, on a lightly oiled sheet pan, for 10 or 12 minutes, or until they are just barely cooked through. Spoon barbeque sauce over each fillet and set aside.
For the dressing, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Whisk in the olive oil in a small stream until well combined.
Spoon quinoa onto serving a plate or platter, and scatter the greens and veggies around. Place the cooked salmon on top. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the feta cheese.